The Placement Cell consists of Students and Senior Faculty Members and is responsible for guiding and aiding the students in selecting and finding suitable employment positions. It maintains active collaboration with various public and private sector undertakings so that potential recruiters can come to the College Placement Cell for Placement Related Activities for the students of the College.
Essential Functions of the Placement Cell:
- To facilitate students’ internship and final placement with various organizations;
- To arrange Workshops/ Forums/ Expert Seminars/ Mock Interviews to enhance and develop the skills of students;
- To help in the designing of the College Placement brochure;
- To organize Campus Interviews for students seeking placement;
- To monitor the internship of graduating students;
- To follow-up with organizations to have feedback on the students’ post-placement with them
Students who were placed this year (2017-18)
The students are given the opportunity to undergo 4 weeks Summer Internship in various reputed companies in almost every field of the industry. The Placement cell looks into the internship of the students along with valuable technical guidance by the teachers. Apart from giving the students an opportunity to test the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom, the summer internship gives an insight into the working of the real organizations. This also helps students to develop a realistic managerial perspective about organizations.
The placement process at the department starts in March. The Placement Cell constantly stays in touch with companies. The placement cell sends them a formal invitation along with a placement brochure to initiate the placement process on the campus. The active follow-up efforts made by the Training and Placement Cell as well as the Department with the recruiter’s network makes it possible that each one of our students is suitably placed within a couple of months.