METAS Institute of Behavioral Sciences offers a full complement of Diagnostic ,Psychotherapeutic, and Medical management of Psychiatric Disorders – Our vision is to provide Mental Health care of International standards to all by a team of highly qualified and experienced psychiatrists and psychologists.
Psychiatric medicine today is a vast field that incorporates many facets of the body and mind. It’s easy to know when you have a fever but difficult to identify a mental health problem. Mental health is how we think, feel and act as we cope with life. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices. Our brain is like any other part of our body, and mental illness is just like a physi¬cal disease.
Like a physical illness, mental illness also needs care and treatment. And, like many physical illnesses, with the right treatment most people with mental disorders are able to live healthy and produc¬tive lives.
There are a wide variety of medical and psychotherapeutic modalities that can benefit issues ranging from mood disorders, depression, anxiety, phobias, Obsessive compulsive disorder, eating challenges, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. A multidisciplinary team evaluates children and adults via personal interviews, assessments psychological testing and laboratory tests at the hospital.
At METAS Institute of Behavioral Sciences, we provide a full range of neuro psychological evaluations which include intelligence (IQ) test, projective test, memory test, personality and aptitude tests along with psychotherapies such as play therapy, behavior modification, cognitive behavior therapy.The other services offered at METAS Adventist hospital include:
De-addiction treatment for alcohol, nicotine and substance abuse
- Individual counseling
- Premarital counseling
- Career counseling
- Identity disorders / gender reassignment
- Marital therapy
- Family therapy
Child and Adolescent psychiatric services for following problems :
- Learning difficulties.
- Sleeping and eating problems
- Overactivity and poor concentration (ADHD)
- Conduct problems: aggressive, defiant, truanting, destructive behavior
- Fearful, separation anxiety
- Autism autistic spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Emotional and behavioral problems
- Depressive disorders: withdrawn, crying spells, school refusal, sleep difficulties, Suicidal ideation, suicidal attempts, hopelessness, academic decline.
- Sleep problems
- Drug abuse dependence
- Sexual deviant behavior
Adult psychiatric services
- Anxiety disorders : phobias , generalized anxiety disorders, panic attacks, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), dissociative disorders.
- Mood disorders: depression, bipolar affective disorder, dysthymia
- Psychotic disorders: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorders, delusional disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Eating disorders: bulimia, anorexia nervosa,
- Sexual disorders
- Substance related disorders
- Gender identity disorders
Geriatric psychiatric services
- Educating care givers